Chick-fil-gay sandwich recipe! Written instructions for those who prefer found here.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup pickle juice (sour dill is my favorite)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Optional: up to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a spicy sandwich
- Oil for frying (about a cup)
- For serving: Buns (buttered and toasted) and pickle slices!Instructions
- Wrap the chicken loosely between plastic wrap and pound gently with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until about 1/2 inch thick all around.
- Cut into two pieces, as even as possible.
- Marinate in the pickle juice for 30 minutes to one hour (add a teaspoon of Tabasco sauce now for a spicy sandwich).
- Beat the egg with the milk in a bowl.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces each into the egg on both sides, then coat in flour on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a skillet (1/2 inch deep) to about 345-350.
- Fry each cutlet for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Blot on paper and serve on toasted buns with pickle slices.Notes
I’ve used peanut oil, coconut oil, vegetable oil, and grapeseed oil all with fine results. Peanut oil is what CFA uses, I believe.
Also, if you’d prefer to bake: substitute bread crumbs (Panko if you got em) for the flour and coat as directed. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.